Edward S. Koutnik II, O.D.
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Graduate: Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Cornea Consultants, Chicago, IL
- Clement J. Zablocki VAMC, Milwaukee, WI
- Illinois Eye Institute, Chicago, IL
- Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary - University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Visiting Clinical Fellowship in Cornea/Contact Lens - Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary, Chicago, IL
- American Optometric Association
- Illinois Optometric Association
- Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honor Society
- Tomb & Key Optometric Honor Fraternity
- AOA Contact Lens & Cornea Section
Dr. Koutnik is an optometrist that specializes in primary eye care as well as the medical management of anterior segment disease and the fitting of specialty contact lenses. He completed his doctoral training with honors from the Illinois College of Optometry and is currently undergoing post-doctoral training as a visiting clinical fellow in Cornea/Contact Lens at the Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary - University of Illinois at Chicago.
His clinical interests include medical management of anterior segment disease such as blepharitis, conjuctivitis, dry eye, uveitis, and keratitis. He is also skilled in the fitting of specialty contact lenses for corneal conditions such as keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration, and patients that have had corneal transplants or refractive surgery. Dr. Koutnik is accepting new patients at both the Chicago and Calumet City locations.